Monday, September 24, 2007

Flickr - the sharing site not the dolphin

Well, my first tentative forey into the Flickr world. Looks a good way of avaoding those embarrasing hard drive failures and subsequent loss of your precious family photos. Also lets me see some of my old memroies thought other peoples eyes, without having to go there in person.

Take this photo for instance, http://www.flickr.com/photos/brinkstock/1319999103/in/set-72157600951138233/ its fro my old homoe town in England. It shows the old Saxon Crosses, purported to have been erected in 653AD, and now surrounded by some loveley old drinking holes. Of course its a nice sunny day, but my memory is a bit vague on how many sunny days we used to get.

I'll check out some more of this Flickr business shortly, with its boiled potato Mashups etc.

No comments: