Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week 2&3

well, I've watched the video on Second Life and I must say that its like everything else we create, its made for profit. It has some interest on a basic, know how to meander in a virtual world kind of level, and if lucky interact with some like minded souls, but really, if you want anything extra you need to pay for it.

Why not just spend you money in the real world, even better go help some disadvantaged person.

As for this blog business, I wish it auto corrected my spelling. Blogs seem to be relatively one dimensional and in some ways a form of spam without people seeing it unless they wish to. Although it can be an avenue for people to vent their opinions and gain feedback which can be constructive. Possibly a step up from having an email list you send questions to, and then await a response. Or is it better???

4 comments:

Klickety said...

EYEKAY here, I have joined Second life, and have not spent a cent of my own, you can earn money there, or be in the right spot and the right time and come across a win occassionaly. So it can just be for a bit of fun...

Lutie said...

If people don't see it unless they want to is it really spam?

eyesee said...

So its not spam exactly, but the intent can be similar.

And as for being fun, well I suppose I've never got into the whole idea of computer games as fun, so another "fun" computer thing isn't going to be my cup of tea. So what do you want to earn 'virtual' money for and does it have its use in the real world? Could this virtual money be put to good use, save the environment etc?

ELLE said...

Now that I remember what I was going to say - reading the comments distracted me. I agree with the comment about the lack of autocrrection being a nuissance.
Cheers
ELLE